The Student Visa entitles you to stay in Spain for conducting courses, studies, research, training or unpaid internship activities and participate in student exchanges. As well as doing volunteer services.

Every year, thousands of foreigners study in Spain. Whether they enroll in undergraduate programs for a year or semester, or they come as graduate students, other even move to Spain specifically to learn Spanish in a language institute. If you want to study in Spain for longer than three months, you’ll need to apply for a student visa. To do so, you have to apply for such visa in the Spanish Consulate of your home country. Currently, Spain has become a sought-after study-abroad destination.

The rules might vary at each of the Spanish consulates, but in most cases applications should be submitted in person.

The applicant will be required to submit the original letter verifying the enrollment as a full-time student at a university or school and confirming the payment of the tuition. A health certificate translated to Spanish is needed. If the applicant intends to stay in Spain longer than six months, he/ she will need a police background check issued by the police department of their city and that document also must be translated into Spanish.

The student must prove financial means, that is, that they have enough money to live on while they are in Spain.This can be done in several ways. Either presenting certain amount in traveler’s checks for every month that you’ll be in Spain, a letter stating that you have received financial aid or a scholarship that covers tuition, room, board, and personal expenses for the length of your stay, or a a notarized letter from your parents in which they promise to assume financial responsibility for you while you’re abroad.

If your program will last longer than six months once to Spain you will have to request your Residency Card register at the local Policia Nacional.