If you main destination is Spain, then you must present the application requesting the Schengen Visa in the Spanish Consulate. Rules have changed since the formation of the European Union, and borders are not what they once were. Your tourist visa will not only apply to Spain but to all the Schengen countries. Therefore, once you enter Spain and get the entry stamp in your passport, you can travel throughout the Schengen area for 3 consecutive months, nonetheless, when your visa is near to expire you may no longer stay in any of the Schengen countries—not only Spain

Make sure you file your application in advance to your trip.

Travel visas are a privilege, not a right and are issued at the sole discretion of Schengen Authorities. Thus the consulates have full authority to evaluate, refuse and/or request additional documentation if needed. That is why it is so important to be represented in the application process by an expert immigration attorney thus avoiding unnecessary refusals.

Application for minors must be made by parents or legal guardian and presenting proper legal documentation such as : Birth certificate, legal custody, notarized letter signed by both parents granting authorization to travel and copy of parent’s identification and financial means.

Citizens of the following list of countries do NOT require a visa to travel as tourist (for a stay which does not exceed 3 months within a period of 6 months): click here

To check the states which are part of the Schengen Area Click here: (Link to article).