28 May


If your residence and self-employment authorization in Spain is close to expiration and you don’t know how to do it or what documents you must submit, in this article we will explain how to renew the  residence and self-employment authorization.

First, here are the requirements to renew the Self-Employed Authorization.

1. Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries, to whom the Union citizen regime applies.

2. No criminal record in Spain.

3. Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not appearing as rejectable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect.

4. If applicable, certify the schooling of minors under their charge of compulsory school age.

5. Being able to prove one of the following assumptions:

a. Continue with the employment relationship that gave place to the authorization to be renew, providing that the tax and Social Security obligations have been met.

b. That the spouse or the person with whom the worker maintains a relationship similar to the conjugal one has the sufficient financial requirements to regroup.

If the family unit includes two members, the minimum amount that must be credited is that which represents 150% of the IPREM monthly.

If the family unit is made up of more than two members, for each additional member, 50% of the IPREM must be added to the 150% of the IPREM mentioned.

c. Be a beneficiary of protection for cessation of activity.

Documents you must present to renew the Self-Employed Permit:

First keep in mind that you must provide copies of the documents and exhibit the originals at the time of filing the application.

1. Official model application form (EX-07) in duplicate, duly completed and signed by the worker.

2. Complete copy of the valid passport or travel document.

3. If applicable, a report issued by the regional authorities, or the competent authorities in each case, or by the educational center certifying the schooling of minors in their charge who are of compulsory school age.

4. Documentation according to the case for which the renewal is requested:

a. If the activity that gave place to the granting authorization to be renewed is continued.

  •  Documentation to provide: Declaration of personal income tax, or VAT, or Corporate Tax.

b. If the worker’s spouse has sufficient economic requirements to regroup the worker.

  •  Documentation to provide: Documentation accrediting the existence of the marriage or the couple relationship and Accreditation of economic means

c. If you have been granted protection for cessation of activity

  •  Documentation to provide: Accreditation of the granting of protection.

5. In the event of not being able to prove any of the requirements, a report from the Autonomous Community of your place of residence on your integration effort may be provided.

Something you should know: when documents from other countries are provided, they must be translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is submitted.

On the other hand, all foreign public documents must be previously legalized by the Consular Office of Spain with jurisdiction in the country in which said document was issued or, where appropriate, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation except in the case in that said document has been apostilled by the competent Authority of the issuing country according to the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 and unless said document is exempt from legalization by virtue of the International Convention.

If you need to carry out the residence and self-employment authorization renewal process, do not hesitate to contact us, you have an expert team in the field. Fill out this contact form and we will call you to start everything as soon as possible.